UAE Vision 2021 was launched by H.H Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and the ruler of Dubai.
His vision aims at making UAE one of the best countries in the world by the Golden Jubilee of the Union. It focuses on six national priorities namely Education, Healthcare, Economy, Police and Security, Housing and Infrastructure and government services which represent the key focus sectors of government action in the coming years.
“As a nation, we have always been forward-looking and planning for the future, which has been a key driver of our success,” said Sheikh Mohammed. “The UAE Strategy for the Future is our new approach to planning for the future by predicting, analysing and implementing highly effective action plans that accelerate development.”
“To achieve its goals, we must work together and share responsibilities,” Sheikh Mohammed explained of the plan. “With our future planning model, we will serve as a model for the world. The citizens of the UAE are our most important resource in building our future. To nurture their skills, we will strengthen education and training initiatives.”
– A key part of the plan is to bolster the education and public school system in the UAE. Schools will focus on teaching subjects and lessons that will future-proof students (in universities too).
– The key sectors discussed in the plan are healthcare, education, social development and the environment.
– The plan will first set up a new operational model for the UAE government, it will then be all about building up the national capacity – creating the right people for the right jobs (and vice versa).
– Under this new strategy planning for the future will become a mandatory requirement for all government departments. Every government department will now have a Director of the UAE Strategy for the Future. The UAE Cabinet will also issue regular reports on future needs, trends and models.
– The strategy also looks out to the world – it has outlines in it about making the UAE a global destination for sustainability and the future. How? Through knowledge-exchange platforms to bring great minds to the UAE, and through strategic partnerships with future-focused people and organisations, including universities.